As Tesla Certified Installers, Straton Solar are trained to install Tesla Powerwall and adhere to strict quality, permitting and inspection requirements.
Seamless backup power. With or without solar.
Powerwall detects grid outages and automatically becomes your home’s main energy source. Protect your home from the next power outage and keep your lights on, phones charged, and no puddles under the fridge.
Self-Powered home. Just add Powerwall.
Powerwall integrates with solar to store excess energy generated during the day and makes it available when you need it, minimizing reliance on your utility.
Time-Based Control. A Smart Way to Use Energy.
If your utility prices vary throughout the day, set Powerwall in Time-Based Control to maximize savings. Powerwall learns patterns in your energy usage and solar generation—using stored energy to avoid purchasing high-cost electricity.
Compact and Simple
Powerwall is a completely automated system that installs easily and requires no maintenance.
Touch-safe: Child and pet friendly with no exposed wires or hot vents.
Flexible Installation: Floor or Wall Mounted. Installs easily on the wall, or stack up to ten Powerwalls together on the floor.
Durable Design: Weatherproof. Water-resistant and dustproof for indoor or outdoor installation.
Control From Anywhere
Manage your system from anywhere in the world with 24/7 mobile monitoring.
Height: 1150 mm
Width: 753 mm
Depth: 147 mm
Usable Capacity: 13.5 kWh
Depth of Discharge: 100%
Efficiency: 90% round-trip
Power: 7kW peak / 5kW continuous
Supported Applications: Solar self-consumption Back-up power Time-Based control Off-grid capabilities (coming soon)
Warranty: 10 years
Scalable: Up to 10 Powerwalls
Operating Temperature: -20°C to 50°C
Dimensions: 1150 mm x 753 mm x 147 mm
Weight: 114 kg
Installation: Floor or wall mounted Indoor or outdoor
Certification: North American and International Standards Grid code compliant
5 factors that make the Tesla Powerwall solution the best current solar battery storage solution for residential energy storage:
- Cost for 13.5 kWh of usable storage is relatively good value given the high cost of solar energy storage. Better than its peers;
- Built-in battery inverter and battery management system now included in the cost. With many other solar batteries the battery inverter has to be purchased separately;
- Battery Quality. Tesla has partnered with Panasonic for its Lithium-Ion battery technology meaning the individual battery cells should be very high in quality;
- Intelligent software controlled architecture and battery cooling system. Tesla is leading the pack in terms of controls to ensure both safety and smarter functionality; and
- Time-based controls allow you to minimize the cost of electricity from the grid over a day when you face time-of-use (TOU) electricity billing via a slick phone app to set peak and off-peak times and rates and to have the battery work to minimize electricity costs.
Can a Tesla Powerwall power a home?
Once the Powerwall is fully charged, additional electricity your system generates on top of that is sent back to the grid. When the sun goes down and your solar panels are not producing energy, your Powerwall will provide electricity to power your home.
Powerwall charging priorities:
There are various consumption modes which set priorities for charging and consuming that you can program your Powerwall to from the app.
- Backup Only – All the energy in your Powerwall is saved for those rainy days when you need emergency back-up power
- Self Powered – Power your home with energy stored from your solar system after the sun sets
- Balanced Time-Based Control– Power your home when the sun goes down, and avoid expensive on-peak electricity rates by using electricity stored from your solar system
- Cost-Saving Time-Based Control – Maximize your savings by using stored, low-cost, off-peak energy during expensive, on-peak hours
Does the Tesla Powerwall automatically switch on during loadshedding?
Your Powerwall will operate seamlessly during loadshedding and your home will automatically switch over to the batteries. If the sun is shining when the grid goes down, your solar system will continue to charge your batteries and stop sending any energy back to the grid. We are required by code to install a “gateway” unit that relays power from your system to the Powerwall and isolates all the power in the house from the grid. This ensures the safety of lineworkers and is an automatic process when the grid goes out.
Tesla Powerwall warranty:
The standard Tesla Powerwall warranty is 10 years at 70% capacity. This means, if the Powerwall loses more than 30% of its storage capacity within 10 years it will be covered by the warranty.
Can I use a Tesla powerwall without solar?
The Tesla PowerWall 2 can be charged without the use of solar panels. Using the Tesla App, you can choose how much of the PowerWall 2 you wish to be charged – it will charge using either solar panels or the grid, depending what is currently available.
Can you charge a Tesla powerwall with a generator?
Powerwall can be added to a system with a backup generator connected with an external Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) or Manual Transfer Switch (MTS). When grid power returns, the generator will turn off and Powerwall can again charge from solar.
Does Tesla Powerwall save money?
With Tesla Powerwall, you can save money and become more energy independent. If you have a solar energy system, the addition of a Powerwall can allow you to self-power your home most, if not all, of the time.
What is inside a Tesla Powerwall?
Tesla Powerwall is a fully-integrated AC battery system for residential or light commercial use. Its rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack provides energy storage for solar self-consumption, time-based control, and backup. Powerwall’s electrical interface provides a simple connection to any home or building.